Visuals, Usability, Game Mechanics, Bugs

Note: The following ideas and comments correspond to my personal taste and are only intended as an idea.

Visuals

UI

1. The workshop window has neither a close button nor a title bar.
  2. Settings: The exclamation mark icon is too close to the text (“Never expose the above private key (…)”).
  3. The font size in the dialogues and speech bubbles is too small.
  4. If I receive a crafted item via email, this item shows which materials have been used for it. If there are more than 2 materials, there is a + sign between the materials. If there are fewer than 2 materials (i.e. 1 material), the + sign is still displayed. That shouldn’t be shown there.
  5. It looks like the text like “Loading Blocks (100/100)” on the loading screen is behind a gradient (black to transparent) - it should be right in front of the gradient.
  6. “Mining the next block” should also show how long it will take. For example with a percentage or time display.
  7. In the character overview (when I click on “Character” in the Action Bar) I see something like “20% + damage when hit by Land”. I don’t see that in the other character overviews (such as before the start of a stage).
  8. An icon could be displayed next to an opponent’s life bar to show what type of opponent it belongs to (e.g. plant, water, fire).

Sprites & Animations

1. The sprite of the chest, which are dropped from time to time, looks very pixelated (scaled).
  2. The buttons of “Crafting Shop” look very pixelated (scaled).
  3. The small animation of my character next to the progress bar while mastering a stage is too fast and too close to the progress bar.
  4. The speech bubbles should look more like cartoons.
  5. The buttons in the action bar should have hover effects.
  6. The animation of my character in the main screen should be slow and calm and not as if it were in a fight.

Transitions

1. The transition / change from the current stage to the next stage looks “infinite”. Somewhere should be written what is happening and why it could take longer (e. g. “Mining blocks, please wait…”).

Usability

1. When I open the crafting shop for the first time, “Equipment > Weapon” should be selected as the standard tab.
  2. The animation / intro in the crafting shop after I clicked “Combine” (“Started Crafting. I’ll make you a good one.”) should be skippable.
  3. I was occasionally able to change the password I entered during the login process.
  4. There should be an “Unequip” button in the item overview once you click on an item. Double click was not recognizable to me (initially).
  5. The hit boxes on the close buttons are good on the X axis, but a little too small on the Y axis.
  6. After picking up a chest / item, it should be highlighted in the inventory what has changed / which item I have received.
  7. Clicking on a recipe should display more information about the recipe (which buff for example).

Game Mechanics

Very important: In the most popular games in the 9C genre, Power / Energy is completely filled up within 50 to 60 minutes, but boss stages cost twice as much Power / Energy as normal stages. I strongly advise to implement this idea as soon as possible!

1. For some reason, “critical hits” are often weaker than “normal hits”.
  2. For some reason “normal hits” have a damage between 90 and 300. Where does this big difference come from?
  3. For some reason “critical hits” have a damage between 90 and 300. Where does this big difference come from?
  4. Why does it cost Power / Energy to craft an item? I have already used Power / Energy to collect the materials and it would be more logical to give the “Crafter” gold instead of my Power / Energy, because in the end he creates the item and not me.

Bugs

1. The action bar is sometimes not displayed for a reason that I do not know.
  2. If you start crafting several items within a very short time, 9C will be terminated due to an error.
  3. After using up my “Daily Rewards” the bar only decreased by 10%, later it was at 0.

Note: I will gradually expand this post and it only represents my opinion at the moment of creation / editing.

Thank you for reading!

Best Regards
Undefined

4 Likes

Note: There are further comments above this post.

Note: The following ideas and comments correspond to my personal taste and are only intended as an idea.

Visuals (No. 2)

UI

1. If I am in the “Stage selection”, then another button (bottom left) to come back to the main screen would be helpful.
  2. If I click “outside” of the workshop window, the window should close automatically. Just like the Inventory Window or Character Window.
  3. When I open the “Workshop”, the complete process should be displayed. The following is currently happening: If I leave the window open, I will be shown 1/5, … 2/5, … 3/5, … If I close and open the window, 4/5, … 5/5, … should be displayed. It currently shows me 1/2, … 2/2, …
  4. The icons should generally be at a greater distance from the text (such as the “Mining Transactions …” at the bottom right).
  5. For some reason, “Consumables” are not displayed in the “Workshop Window”.
  6. For some reason “Upgrades” are not displayed in the “Workshop Window”.
  7. “Stage 15” has a boss, but no “boss sign” is shown on the map.
  8. The blur effect should fade out. Currently it is simply switched off and that does not look good.
  9. The monsters sometimes position themselves in such a way that their HP bar overlaps and therefore not all HP bars are seen. As a result, the player thinks that he is not doing any damage because the current target’s HP bar is behind another HP bar.
  10. The arrow on the worldmap that points to the left or to the right, for example to switch from page 1 to page 2, has an animation (“bounce”). If the mouse pointer is exactly in the “blind spot”, the arrow jumps back and forth.
  11. “Another instance is already running” is NOT a fatal error.
  12. If you use the mouse wheel, the content should scroll faster. I currently have to scroll 5 times to maybe scroll half a page down.
  13. The “Arena Foundation” hangs in the air. It should be placed 20px lower.
  14. The titles are displayed twice in the tooltip of the debuffs.

Sprites & Animations

1. Due to the performance this game needs (the game hangs sometimes), there are occasionally black vertical blocks / stripes in the “parallax background”. So they do not fit together / repeat seamlessly.
  2. Visuals (No. 1) > Sprites & Animations > 5: All buttons should have a hover effect. Not just those in the action bar.

Usability (No. 2)

1. The player should be able to change his equipment outside of the stage selection.

Game Mechanics (No. 2)

1. If I delete my account or cancel my private key, I have to download the “entire game history”. I did it after about 4 days and had to download 25000 blocks. That cost me a total of 1.5 hours. Imagine the game has 100,000 active players and has been running for 1 year.
  2. If the opponent still has to run close to the player, this should also count as “State”. The player should not wait until the opponent is close enough, instead the player should attack again.
  3. Stage 30 explains to me how to “Enhance”, it was a FIGHT to get to Stage 30 and I have enhanced hundreds of weapons. :smiley: I would like to say that the explanations of how the game works in general should come earlier.
  4. I just attacked someone with water gear while wearing fire gear. This player was / is 9 levels below me and destroyed me. He is level 21, I am level 29. That makes a difference of 27.6%. Then how can 20% more damage exceed this 27.6%? Doesn’t make sense to me.
  5. It shouldn’t be possible to accept your Daily Reward when the action power is full.

Bugs (No. 2)

1. Upgrading an item that is equipped will inevitably cause the game to crash.
  2. The player attacks with 0 HP, although he should already be dead. He then dies after the attack.

Note: I will gradually expand this post and it only represents my opinion at the moment of creation / editing.

Thank you for reading!

Best Regards
Undefined

3 Likes